We are hiring for a BARISTA/SHOPKEEPER
Title: Barista & Shopkeeper
About Us: Lantern Coffee Bar and Lounge is a coffee shop in the Heartside/Arena South neighborhood of downtown Grand Rapids. Providing people with a great experience is our main goal. We are passionate about people, diversity and local economy. We believe in serving high quality coffee, treating the product with care, artistry, and consideration at each step. Lantern is looking for someone who would enjoy the challenging experience of furthering this vision, someone who can balance the excellence of our coffee service with the warmth and liveliness of our shop environment, while simultaneously keeping up with each and every shop task appropriately in order to keep this environment sustainable.
Job Description: This position includes register responsibilities, coffee service, and shop maintenance.
1) The Barista/Shopkeeper will be responsible for running the register for all retail activities during business hours.
2) This person will be responsible for learning and performing all espresso and brewing tasks with skill, precision, speed, and excellence for each customer.
3) The Barista will be responsible for interacting with each customer in a timely and good-natured manner and .
4) This person will be responsible for keeping all aspects of the shop in good order before, during and after each shift.
5) This position will include working closely with another Barista or Team Member during all or part of each shift.
Requirements: – Strong interest in coffee – Effective communication skills – Creativity and artistic interest – Reliability and professional maturity – 3 References – Customer service experience and/or training – Successful experience working in fast paced environment (This job is very fasted paced at times and keeping up can be difficult for some)
Preferences: – Hours: 20 – 30hrs per week variable – Willingness to pursue and attain specialty coffee association certification – Commitment to continuing coffee education
Compensation: – Shared tips during shift hours ($3+/hr expected) – Wages beginning at $9/hr – potential regular increases – Employee discounts – Partial scholarships for continued coffee training
Contact: Send resume (with cover letter) and/or inquiries to email@example.com or submit in person.