CAFE MANAGER Lantern Coffee Bar and Lounge
TITLE: Cafe Manager
Lantern Coffee Bar and Lounge is a coffee shop in the Heartside/Arena South neighborhood of downtown Grand Rapids. Providing people with a great experience is our main goal. We are passionate about people, diversity and local economy. We believe in serving high quality coffee, treating the product with care, artistry and consideration at each step. Lantern is looking for someone who would enjoy the challenging experience of furthering this vision, someone who can balance the excellence of our coffee service with the warmth and liveliness of our shop environment, while simultaneously keeping up with each and every shop task appropriately in order to keep this environment sustainable.
Standard Employee Responsibilities:
1) The Barista/Shopkeeper will be responsible for running the register for all retail activities during business hours.
2) This person will be responsible for learning and performing all espresso and brewing tasks with skill, precision, speed, and excellence for each customer.
3) Each employee will be responsible for interacting with each customer in a timely and good-natured manner.
4) Each employee will be responsible for keeping all aspects of the shop in good order before, during and after each shift.
5) This position will include working closely with another Barista or Team Member during each shift.
In addition to regular employee register responsibilities, coffee service, and shop maintenance as stated above, this management position includes:
1) Community involvement
2) Product ordering
5) Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
6) Employee training
7) Collaboration on shop events
8) Human Resource collaboration
9) Regular collaboration with owner
10) Weekly local errands
– Strong interest in coffee
– Effective communication skills
– Excellent organization skills
– Demonstration of self-awareness
– Clear ability to promote healthy working relationships
– Shows strong commitment to Grand Rapids and/or local city economy
– Understands and supports the concept of environmental sustainability
– Ability to see “big picture” and everyday goals simultaneously
– Adaptability in a changing environment
– Reliability and professional maturity
– 2+ years customer service experience
– Reliable personal transportation
– Complete Barista Training Not Required
– Developing/coordinating outside catering opportunities + events
– 2 years management experience
– City of Grand Rapids residency
– Well connected to the people and organizations of Grand Rapids
– Interested in community business involvement
– Willingness to pursue and attain Specialty Coffee Association Certification (SCA)
– Commitment to continuing coffee education
– Commitment to continued business training